Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sleep little one, sleep....

My sweet pink angel.



I haven't had a nights sleep in 7 weeks, Miss G. My favorite moments is when you wake up for a feeding, I nurse you, I burp you and then you get to sleep on my chest for a few. I love having the top of your head hit my lips because it's easy access for lots of kisses when you're laying on my chest. You smile in your sleep and it looks like it's rubbing off because now you are slowing smiling while you are awake. I don't mind waking up with you in the middle of the night because it's a reminder of how lucky I am that you are here with us. My sweet baby girl, I love you. I have a lot of favorites with you, by far however , my favorite is when you and daddy find some time for a nap in the afternoon.




I watched a little face sleeping, eyelashes fluttering so, I wondered of the dream you were having, and if angels were playing there. I watched a little face sleeping, your little mouth was smiling so, I hope that you are as happy as me, holding you in my arms. I watched a little face sleeping, making sure of the breath you take, to watch you breathe and keep you safe, is all that matters to me. I watched a little face sleeping, holding your small hand in mine, five little fingers on each hand, as one hangs onto mine. I watched a little face sleeping, and as I prayed to myself, I thank God for letting me watch a little face sleeping.


Good night Gillian.


I love you,


Mommy



1 comment:

My crazy crazy life said...

Jen, I'm crying...this post was soooo especially sweet! She's a lucky lady to have you as a mom and you're a lucky lady to have that sweet little Gillian in your arms.