Tuesday, August 31, 2010

July 27th, 2010 - Surgery



On Tuesday, July 27th, daddy and I took you to St. Joe's for your big surgery. I was so sad and tired (had to wake up at 4 a.m.). You did so well waiting in the prep area. Your surgery lasted for about 3 1/2 hours. Dr. Vu was VERY pleased with what he did to your right femur/hip. You only had to stay in the hospital for 1 night. You were very tired, you woke up just long enough to watch Dora. I would lay on the couch and just watch you Gillian. I never left your side. You have gone through so much and I'm so proud of you.

They placed you back into a bright pink cast, this time your left leg was free from the knee down and they did put a bar in between your legs to keep it positioned just right for the next 6 weeks.

You did amazing for the next 5 weeks little girl. We're pros at this. Will update in a day or so.

I love you,

Mama

No comments: